Tourism reactivation and international flights to Peru
The President of the Peruvian Republic, Martín Vizcarra, announced on Saturday 26th September, after a session of the Council of Ministers, that phase 4 of the economic recovery plan will begin in October 2020. However, compared to the initially planned plan, certain restrictions will be added.
“We must be aware that we must create as many jobs as possible and we must reactivate them. As of October, we are starting phase 4 (…) Passenger transport by rail, sea and air is authorized from October 5, according to the specific regulations to be given by the Ministry of Transport and the Ministry of Health ”, declared President Vizcarra.
The first destinations to which passengers will be able to go are the countries of the region where sanitary conditions allow it and on controlled frequencies, for example Chile, Mexico, Ecuador and Colombia. However and despite the lack of confirmation from the Ministries of Transport and of Health, it was possible to observe the opening of ticket sales to Europe and the United States for the month of October by the companies LATAM, Copa, Air France and Iberia.
The list of health measures for international flights departing or arriving are as follows:
– Negative result in a molecular test before traveling;
– Virtual recording;
– Temperature measurement and hand disinfection;
– Wearing a mask and a face shield;
– Respect for safety distances at the airport and during aircraft boarding / disembarking operations.
The tourism activity of the country
The entry into phase 4 of the government’s recovery plan also heralds a resumption of other areas of tourism activity, with some restrictions:
– Resume of transport by rail and sea for passengers ;
– Reopening of travel agencies and tour operators;
– Access to sports activities in public or private facilities with a maximum capacity of
– Access to Services related to art, entertainment and leisure with a capacity of 60%;
– Increase in the capacity of restaurants and related services to 50%;
– Increased reception capacity for commercial stores to 60%.
The Uruguayan Ministry of Tourism has concluded a promotion agreement with Iberia
LATAM NEWS The Uruguayan Ministry of Tourism has concluded a promotion agreement with Iberia The Uruguayan Ministry of Tourism has announced an agreement with Iberia, whereby an ambitious promotional campaign will be carried out to promote this South American...
Two luxury cruises to sail the Magdalena River in Colombia
LATAM NEWS Two luxury cruises to sail the Magdalena River in Colombia From 2024 onwards, the first luxury river cruise ships will sail on the Magdalena River - the most important river in Colombia - and they will be operated by AmaWaterways, an American company...
Tingo María National Park in Peru awarded at Green Destinations Story Awards
LATAM NEWS Tingo María National Park in Peru awarded at Green Destinations Story Awards Tingo Maria National Park was awarded in the 'thriving communities' category for its biodiversity, community work and commitment to environmental protection. The award was...