Tourism reactivation and international flights to Peru
The President of the Peruvian Republic, Martín Vizcarra, announced on Saturday 26th September, after a session of the Council of Ministers, that phase 4 of the economic recovery plan will begin in October 2020. However, compared to the initially planned plan, certain restrictions will be added.
“We must be aware that we must create as many jobs as possible and we must reactivate them. As of October, we are starting phase 4 (…) Passenger transport by rail, sea and air is authorized from October 5, according to the specific regulations to be given by the Ministry of Transport and the Ministry of Health ”, declared President Vizcarra.
The first destinations to which passengers will be able to go are the countries of the region where sanitary conditions allow it and on controlled frequencies, for example Chile, Mexico, Ecuador and Colombia. However and despite the lack of confirmation from the Ministries of Transport and of Health, it was possible to observe the opening of ticket sales to Europe and the United States for the month of October by the companies LATAM, Copa, Air France and Iberia.
The list of health measures for international flights departing or arriving are as follows:
– Negative result in a molecular test before traveling;
– Virtual recording;
– Temperature measurement and hand disinfection;
– Wearing a mask and a face shield;
– Respect for safety distances at the airport and during aircraft boarding / disembarking operations.
The tourism activity of the country
The entry into phase 4 of the government’s recovery plan also heralds a resumption of other areas of tourism activity, with some restrictions:
– Resume of transport by rail and sea for passengers ;
– Reopening of travel agencies and tour operators;
– Access to sports activities in public or private facilities with a maximum capacity of
– Access to Services related to art, entertainment and leisure with a capacity of 60%;
– Increase in the capacity of restaurants and related services to 50%;
– Increased reception capacity for commercial stores to 60%.
LATAM NEWS Tulum opens up to Europe: first direct flight to Germany The state of Quintana Roo in Mexico is about to make history with the inauguration of the first direct air link between Europe and Tulum's Felipe Carrillo Puerto International Airport. From 12...
LATAM NEWS Emirates and Colombia: an air bridge to new opportunitiesFrom 3 June 2024, Emirates will operate daily flights between Dubai and Bogota, with a stopover in Miami, using Boeing 777-200LR and 777-300ER aircraft capable of carrying up to 354 passengers in...
LATAM NEWS Costa Rica: Air France announces more flights for 2024 Air France has announced a significant increase in flights to Costa Rica for 2024, marking a strong commitment to one of Latin America's jewels. This decision not only reflects the growing popularity of...