5 events in November not to be missed in Latin America!
27/10 to 02/11 Día de Muertos, Oaxaca
The Day of the Dead in Oaxaca is one of the most traditional celebrations in Mexico, the city transforms itself for this unique festival in homage to los Muertos.
03/11 Cuenca Independence Day
More than 300 cultural, musical, social and intercultural events are scheduled throughout the city during the month of November.
04/11 Anniversary of Puno
The city on Lake Titicaca, which according to legend was the cradle of the Inca civilisation, will celebrate its 354th anniversary! On the programme: parades and processions in traditional costumes, gastronomic, musical and literary festival.
07 to 13/11 Fiestas de la Independencia de Cartagena de Indias
This great popular festival celebrates the memory and the rich intangible cultural heritage of the “heroic city”.
– 05/11 Noche de Tradición Festiva / Plaza de la Aduana
– 06/11 Jolgorio de Tambores y Noche de Candela / Plaza de la Proclamación
– 07/11 Noche de Talentos / Teatro Adolfo Mejía
– 10/11 Desfile Homenaje de Héroes de Independencia / Avenida Santander
– 11/11 Independence Day parade (Bando) / Avenida Santander
– 12/11 Diversidad parade / Avenida Daniel Lemaitre / Plaza de la Proclamación
– 12/11Cabildo de Getsemaní / Plaza de Canapote a Plaza de la Trinidad
– 14/11 Noche de Elección y Coronación de Miss Colombia / Estadio Argemiro Bermúdez
20/11 Festival of “La Jota Cordobesa” and “Gaucha” traditions in San Lorenzo – Cordoba
A parade of gaucho groups, horse riding and dressage competitions, folklore concerts and Argentinean gastronomy!
LATAM NEWS7th UNWTO World Wine Tourism Conference: Looking to the futureThe 7th World Wine Tourism Conference, organised by the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO), was recently held in the Rioja region of Spain. This major event brought together experts from over 40...
LATAM NEWS Brazil shines with 42 Blue Flag beaches and marinas in 2023-2024 Brazil, a destination prized for its idyllic beaches and breathtaking scenery, is taking a major step towards promoting sustainable tourism. For the 2023-2024 season, the country is setting...
LATAM NEWS Buenaventura welcomes its first international cruise ship Buenaventura, the most important port on Colombia's Pacific coast, experienced a historic moment on 22 November when it welcomed its first international cruise ship. The MS Hamburg, belonging to the...