Hilton opens new hotel in Santa Marta
Hilton Hotels Group has announced the opening of the Hilton Santa Marta in Colombia.
Overlooking the Caribbean Sea, the 261-room hotel is located near the Sierra Nevada Mountains and Tayrona National Park. The hotel offers five restaurants, two swimming pools and more than 1,000 square metres of flexible event space.
“The opening of Hilton Santa Marta is an exciting addition to our portfolio of more than 200 hotels in the Caribbean and Latin America, and we are thrilled to open our second hotel in Santa Marta and bring the Hilton experience to this unique Colombian destination that combines beach, mountains and nature,” said Jorge Giannattasio, Hilton’s senior vice president and chief operating officer for the Caribbean and Latin America.
Located 12 kilometres from the historic centre of Santa Marta and 6 kilometres from Simón Bolívar International Airport, the Hilton Santa Marta features a contemporary design and an elegant, warm atmosphere with elements of stone, wood, metal and crystal.
The hotel’s main entrance features a Tayrona stone water mirror and a façade inspired by the nearby coral reefs.
The hotel offers five dining experiences that combine local cuisine with international flavours, with restaurant names that pay homage to the indigenous Arhuaco language:
- El Nuggu, which means “salt” in Arhuaco, pays homage to Colombia’s history with Latin and Caribbean dishes. The place is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but guests can also enjoy a cocktail or glass of wine during the day;
- Located on the first floor, near the hotel’s spa and gym, El Waku, or ‘fish’ in Arhuaco, offers a selection of seafood and fish of the day.
- Guests near the pool can enjoy lunches and drinks made from local fruits at the Uzu bar, a word meaning ‘sand’.
- The Sikunu bar, a word meaning “slingshot”, is located on the 16th floor. The menu is influenced by pre-Hispanic cultures and is based on the flowers of the Sierra Nevada mountains.
- Guests can enjoy the Santa Marta beach and sunsets at the hotel’s beach club while enjoying a selection of snacks and cocktails.
Celebrations and events
The Hilton Santa Marta offers more than 1,000 square feet of flexible event space, including eight meeting rooms and a hall that can accommodate up to 450 people. A terrace on the 16th floor can also be used for outdoor events.
LATAM NEWS UFI Global Barometer shows that the exhibition industry is adapting to the post-pandemic era The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry (UFI) has released the latest and 30th edition of its flagship Global Exhibition Barometer survey, which takes the...
LATAM NEWS Chile launches a promotional campaign for sustainable tourism In line with global trends where tourists are demanding more sustainable products in their travels, Chile's Undersecretariat of Tourism and Sernatur have launched the campaign "Chile, impulsando...
LATAM NEWS WTTC and Trip.com Group Global Travel Report reveals growing interest in sustainable travel "Demand for travel is higher than ever," says Julia Simpson, WTTC president and CEO. A major new report from the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC)...