Hilton opens new hotel in Santa Marta
Hilton Hotels Group has announced the opening of the Hilton Santa Marta in Colombia.
Overlooking the Caribbean Sea, the 261-room hotel is located near the Sierra Nevada Mountains and Tayrona National Park. The hotel offers five restaurants, two swimming pools and more than 1,000 square metres of flexible event space.
“The opening of Hilton Santa Marta is an exciting addition to our portfolio of more than 200 hotels in the Caribbean and Latin America, and we are thrilled to open our second hotel in Santa Marta and bring the Hilton experience to this unique Colombian destination that combines beach, mountains and nature,” said Jorge Giannattasio, Hilton’s senior vice president and chief operating officer for the Caribbean and Latin America.
Located 12 kilometres from the historic centre of Santa Marta and 6 kilometres from Simón Bolívar International Airport, the Hilton Santa Marta features a contemporary design and an elegant, warm atmosphere with elements of stone, wood, metal and crystal.
The hotel’s main entrance features a Tayrona stone water mirror and a façade inspired by the nearby coral reefs.
The hotel offers five dining experiences that combine local cuisine with international flavours, with restaurant names that pay homage to the indigenous Arhuaco language:
- El Nuggu, which means “salt” in Arhuaco, pays homage to Colombia’s history with Latin and Caribbean dishes. The place is open daily for breakfast, lunch and dinner, but guests can also enjoy a cocktail or glass of wine during the day;
- Located on the first floor, near the hotel’s spa and gym, El Waku, or ‘fish’ in Arhuaco, offers a selection of seafood and fish of the day.
- Guests near the pool can enjoy lunches and drinks made from local fruits at the Uzu bar, a word meaning ‘sand’.
- The Sikunu bar, a word meaning “slingshot”, is located on the 16th floor. The menu is influenced by pre-Hispanic cultures and is based on the flowers of the Sierra Nevada mountains.
- Guests can enjoy the Santa Marta beach and sunsets at the hotel’s beach club while enjoying a selection of snacks and cocktails.
Celebrations and events
The Hilton Santa Marta offers more than 1,000 square feet of flexible event space, including eight meeting rooms and a hall that can accommodate up to 450 people. A terrace on the 16th floor can also be used for outdoor events.
LATAM NEWS7th UNWTO World Wine Tourism Conference: Looking to the futureThe 7th World Wine Tourism Conference, organised by the World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO), was recently held in the Rioja region of Spain. This major event brought together experts from over 40...
LATAM NEWS Brazil shines with 42 Blue Flag beaches and marinas in 2023-2024 Brazil, a destination prized for its idyllic beaches and breathtaking scenery, is taking a major step towards promoting sustainable tourism. For the 2023-2024 season, the country is setting...
LATAM NEWS Buenaventura welcomes its first international cruise ship Buenaventura, the most important port on Colombia's Pacific coast, experienced a historic moment on 22 November when it welcomed its first international cruise ship. The MS Hamburg, belonging to the...